Monday, February 2, 2009

My New Calling


I got called yesterday to be a Relief Society instructor and the story is kinda cool so I thought I'd share it:
I was sitting in Sac. Meeting next to Christie Bessinger. The bishop announced new callings and Christie was called to be a R.S. Instructor. When she sat down she said how nervous she was because she doesn't get along with girls that well. I said, "Really? I always thought that would a calling I would like to have."
Well, as I'm sitting in Sunday School Casey came and pulled me out of class to see the Bishop. I thought he just wanted to do the Temple Reccomend interview because we're doing baptisms on Friday. But when I got in there after the reccomend he told me I had a new calling. And I was flabbergasted when he told me what it was. I guess that Lord really is always listening, huh? So be careful what you say peeps! haha

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool !! you will be an awesome teacher, but you will be nervous at first, but that will make you a better teacher. Nerves show you care about the job you do, remember that !! Love Ya Mom

Scrapally said...

I can NEVER beat your mom to a comment!!! Does she LIVE on her computer? :) Anyway, you will be a great teacher, and the teacher learns the most, I know that from experience! So it will be fun and good...enjoy your calling, it truly is from the Lord. Love the pics with the B's too...and you better let them visit us next time! :) Thanks for lunch today...it was fun!!!

Caleen said...

Oh, Fun.. I found your blog.. hee. hee.. You will be a awesome Teacher. You are a vivacious, sweet, beautiful Girl.. I had fun
chatting with you.. So, Happy you are better.. Love ya..