Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Finding the Cure


A plague threatens the world--
My world.

Spreading fluidly through my veins,
Replicating and cloning like the dreaded virus,
Which responds not to the administrations
Of modern medical prowess.

Yet this disease is not designed to strip life,
To end the expansion and deflation of lungs,
But to end the Soul’s progression and create
A spiritual death,
Far more enduring than the life that ends
When the heart contracts no more.

Lies, fabrications, deceptions, deceit--
Ignorance, intolerance, naiveté, apathy--
Sin, hedonism, immorality, selfishness--
These become the virus that pollutes the well of the Soul.
But where enlightened medical cures fail--
GOD DOESN’T.

I see hope,
Repentance--
A balm for the Soul

In my veins now flow the curatives of,
Truth, Honesty, Sincerity, Integrity--
Knowledge, Acceptance, Concern, Involvement--
Righteousness, Justice, Virtue, Charity--

The plague entered my veins but did not reach my Soul,
I was cured--
GOD FORGAVE ME.

No comments: