Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Full Week

To say this week has been eventful is an understatement. I started new short term classes, so that means literally I have class every day of the week. I've already had a speech and paper due and I have an exam tomorrow. So my cousin who is now maybe my best friend has been asking me to go to the beach with her. I told her it would have to wait until after the semester is over because of my full load.

However, she broke up with her Fiance last month and had been having a hard time. She had to put on a face for everyone and pretend she was okay 24/7 because she has to be strong and perky at work in front of clients and then when she's home she has to be strong and smiley for her little boys. So when she started to cry at work I knew something was really wrong. So I said lets get away like you wanted to. We went to Cambria for 2 days. It was a great restorative for us both. However, I missed a math class that lowers your grade 1% each absence and I missed a speech and will receive no higher than a 80% for it now. So my grades will suffer slightly but some things are more important and Melissa is one of those things.

My Mom's 53rd birthday was yesterday and so we had to celebrate, I had class all afternoon and then Monica and I had to mail a certified letter to a company that is suing us. It's been so busy since I came home from the beach. I'll admit I'm stressed out by the magnitude of things I need to do but some great things have happened. I bonded with my cousin and made a new best friend and I secretly helped her relationship with her Fiance. I've been talking with him and I think they'll work it out. And great news! Monica and I spent 5 hours just basically talking and catching up. I have my friend back. I've missed the great relationship we used to have. We've decided to schedule Thursday afternoons as our time together. This will get us back on the right track.

Oh, the not so good news is that I've lost one of my best friends. Germ is one person I have ALWAYS been there for. When she broke up with my ex's brother I stayed up to 3 every morning while she cried on the phone for 3 months. She's very fragile and needs someone there to look after her. When she watches the a scary movie and doesn't want to sleep alone I left the fair this last time and went to be with her. She always thinks things are the end of the world and there usually isn't a week that goes by that there isn't some huge disaster she needs me to take care of. I do these things and never complain because she's my best friend and I care about her. I used to have to defend her against my ex, his brother and friends, Monica when they called her a drama queen and manipulative. I never let people talk badly of my friends even my boyfriends.

I guess I was wrong to assume that the time when I needed her to afford the same treatment I have always offered her she couldn't extend the same. It felt horrible. She got mad at me because I wouldn't go to a party she wanted me to. She thought my reasons were silly and told me so. That hurt me. When I talked to her yesterday and I said I forgive her she said "whatever as long as the drama stops". This I could not take and remain friends. I NEVER once called her a drama queen or complained about the amount of problems she brought into my life. I defended her whenever anyone complained about her and then she had the nerve to accuse me of something that makes up her entire personality? I couldn't and wouldn't be friends with someone like that. Because that's not a real friend and real friends are all I have time for.

3 comments:

Scrapally said...

You go girl! You are a great friend and "Germ" is the one who lost out. I love your blog and the background is beautiful, just like you!

Unknown said...

i just love you - as i always have.

Lauren Call Green said...

Hi lovely!! I just wanted to tell you that you are an amazing woman and no one could ask for a better friend than you! I love you and can't wait to see you!!